Did you know?
Not all stallions have sperm that can be successfully cooled and transported or frozen.
Approximately 70 percent of stallions produce sperm that can be cooled and transported or frozen and, when inseminated, results in some fertility.
Artificial insemination is an increasingly popular choice among horse breeders, and AQHA wants to help you learn the facts so you can make the best decisions for you and your horses.’
Get AQHA’s FREE Artificial Insemination Fact Sheet, and learn:
- Fertility rates with use of artificial insemination
- Number of doses needed to impregnate a mare
- Shelf life of cooled and frozen semen
- Paperwork required by AQHA to document the collection/insemination
- How to register a foal resulting from cooled and transported or frozen semen
Download your FREE copy of Artificial Insemination Fact Sheet today, and share it with your horsey friends!