May 23, 2012
Submit a video of you and your American Quarter Horse, and you could receive free advice from a trusted AQHA Professional Horseman.
If you’ve been having trouble with your American Quarter Horse and need some professional training help, here’s your chance to ask an AQHA Professional Horseman for free. Go to the contest tab on AQHA’s Facebook page and submit a video of you and your horse that explains the problem you and your horse have encountered. If you’re selected, we’ll ask an AQHA Professional Horseman to tackle your issue.
AQHA’s Ask an AQHA Pro Horseman Video Contest runs through May 31, 2012. Entrants must be 18 or older, and the horse depicted must be a registered American Quarter Horse. Videos must not contain copyrighted material or children under 18 unless accompanied by a parental consent statement. See below for additional rules.
Enter today at AQHA’s Facebook page for your opportunity to ask a Professional Horseman your questions. AQHA will select multiple winners, and a Professional Horseman will provide advice in written and/or video form. Your entries might be featured in an upcoming digital edition of The American Quarter Horse Journal and/or on AQHA’s web properties. Videos submitted become the property of AQHA and may be used for AQHA’s promotional purposes.
Ask a Pro Horseman Video Contest Rules
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older, and those featured in the video must be 18 years old or older or have written parental consent to participate in the video and/or contest. Parents or guardians who allow their child under 18 to be featured in a video submission must agree to the entire contest rules and video guidelines; parental consent forms may be sent to email@example.com. If videos are submitted without parental consent, it is assumed that each person in the video is over 18 years of age.
- Video must explain in detail the issue or problem you’re having with your horse.
- Horse in the video must be a registered American Quarter Horse.
- Entries must be submitted by May 31, 2012.
- Please avoid using personal identifying and biographical information in the videos, including but not limited to middle and last names, cities, states and zip codes. Using an individual’s information in the videos in spoken, audio or video title form may result in your video submission being rejected.
- Children, including those by marriage or adoption, related family, employees or contractors of AQHA are considered ineligible to participate.
- Contestants chosen as finalists will be reached via phone and/or e-mail and notified that their video will be submitted to an AQHA Professional Horseman. This notification does not guarantee an answer from an AQHA Professional Horseman.
- One video submission per entrant.
- Submitted videos may be no longer than five minutes in duration.
- All music used in videos must not violate any music or lyric copyrights.
- The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. Such videos will be rejected for submission into this contest.
- The video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm against any group or individual, or discrimination based on race, sex, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The video must not contain material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created.
- Submissions may be rejected for any reason, including (but not limited to) the submission guidelines mentioned above.
The American Quarter Horse Journal provides valuable horse training advice from AQHA Professional Horsemen every month. Subscribe today so you’ll get great horse training tips plus industry news, event results, lifestyle pieces and much more!
Add a Comment