July 23, 2010
The 2010 Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show is right around the corner. Check out all the exciting facts before you head to Oklahoma City.
The 2010 Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show comes to the Oklahoma State Fair Park July 30-August 7, 2010. The best cowgirls and cowboys 18 and under will vie for dozens of coveted world championships, plus they’ll have a great time in the process.
We’ve organized some details to help you enjoy the Built Ford Tough Youth World to the fullest!
- Number of Entries: 2,402
- Halter Entries: 305
- Western Entries: 1,508
- English Entries: 589
- Largest Class: Showmanship at Halter, 174
- Number of Exhibitors: 859
- Number of Horses: 1,208
- State with the Most Exhibitors: Texas, 98
- Number of States Represented: 44
- Canadian Provinces Represented: 3
- Countries Represented: Canada, Germany, Venezuela, United Kingdom, United States
- AQHYA Horse Judging Entries: 34 teams
- Public Speaking Entries, Prepared: 24
- Public Speaking Entries, Impromptu: 16
- Team Demonstration Speech Entries: 9 teams
- Scrapbook Entries: 13 teams
- Talent Show Entries: 10 acts
- Horse Bowl Entries: 13 teams
The Inside Scoop
Ever wanted to get a close up look at how your horse’s grain is made? AQHA Corporate Partner Nutrena is giving you the chance to learn about your horse’s nutrition at the Youth World Show through their feed mill tours. Nutrena will bus tour attendees from State Fair Park to the feed mill, but keep in mind that pants and closed-toed shoes are required. The tour is limited t0 40 people, so sign up soon in the show office.
- Tuesday, August 3, from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 5, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Get Your Shopping Done
Make sure you get on down to the Youth World Show Trade Show in the COX Pavilion during the following times:
- Thursday, July 29, noon to 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 30 through Friday, Aug 6, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Attend the trade show receptions on July 31 and August 5 at 4 p.m. at the Extreme Revolution trailer and enjoy coke floats while you shop.
With the purchase of AQHA’s $20 discount card, save thousands in discounts, while supporting the American Quarter Horse Foundation Youth Scholarship Fund. Save 10 percent with favorites such as Sean Ryon, Showtime Show Clothing, Blue Ribbon Tack, Tener’s, Shorty’s Hattery, Logan Western Supply, Quarter Horse Outfitters and many more! Discounts may be used over and over until August 31, 2011, and $15 from the sale of each card goes directly to the Youth Scholarship Fund.
Worried that you won’t be able to surf the Web while at State Fair Park? Have no worries! AQHA Corporate Partner SmartPak is sponsoring an Internet Cafe in the room adjacent to the AQHA Press Room. Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Get Wet and Wild
Looking for something fun to do during your stay in Oklahoma City? Purchase your tickets or White Water Bay or Frontier City at the AQHA booth in the COX Pavilion — the same location as the trade show.
Tickets may be purchased for $17.25 (regular gate price $24.95 for White Water Bay and $34.95 for Frontier City).
Celebration Station is offering a $15.99 all day wristband to those youth who show their AQHA membership card (regular gate price is $29.99), and the offer is valid July 25 to August 15.
Youth World Sponsors
- B&W Trailer Hitches
- Bank of America
- Featherlite Trailers
- John Deere
- Justin Boots
- Markel Insurance
- Montana Silversmiths
- Professional’s Choice
- Cripple Creek
- Kiser Arena Specialists
- Metro Golf Carts
- The American Quarter Horse Journal
Learn more about the generous AQHA Corporate Partners who make the Built Ford Tough Youth World possible!