AQHA's Guess That Horse contest takes place every Wednesday at 1 p.m. CDT!
Congratulations to Luis for being the first person to correctly identify Dashing Folly! Luis will be receiving a plastic tumbler and coffee mug set courtesy of Quarter Horse Outfitters.
Dashing Folly was a 1993 sorrel mare by First Down Dash and out of the Hempen (TB) mare, Hempes Folly. She competed in racing events through 1998 and was the 1996 AQHHA Racing World Champion. She was also named an AQHA Supreme race horse in 1997. Dashing Folly was bred by Bob Burt of Sandy, Utah and has had 11 performing foals.
Think you can guess a horse’s identity by its picture, points or pedigree? Then try your hand at today’s Guess That Horse contest, sponsored by Quarter Horse Outfitters!
Today’s winner will receive an AQHA World Championship plastic tumbler and coffee mug set courtesy of Quarter Horse Outfitters!
Here’s how the contest
- When the page is live, 10 hints will be posted — one at a time — every few minutes on this page.
- Tip: Refresh your browser periodically for new hints.
- Please post your guesses into the “comments” box below.
- The first person to correctly identify the American Quarter Horse wins the prize.
- The winner will be announced after all the hints are given. Participants must provide a valid e-mail address to be eligible for the prize.
Get more help with your guesses! Consult AQHA records for pedigrees, show records and much more.
Hint #1: This horse is a sorrel mare.
Hint #2: This horse has had 14 foals, 11 of which are performing foals.
Hint #3: This horse has three performing foals in 2012.
Hint #4: This horse competed in racing events through 1998.
Hint #5: This horse traces back to Dash For Cash, Easy Jet and Lena's Bar.
Hint #6: This horse was the 1996 AQHA Racing World Champion.
Hint #7: This horse was an AQHA racing champion in 1996 and 1997.
Hint #8: This horse was named an AQHA Supreme race horse in 1997.
Hint #9: This horse was bred by Bob Burt of Sandy, Utah.
Hint #10: This horse's sire is First Down Dash.
This contest is now closed.