Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you have to spend Valentine’s Day alone.
By AQHA Publications Intern Leah Thomas
This time of year, stores are packed with red heart-shaped boxes, fluffy teddy bears with bow-ties, cards with loving poems and roses in every direction you look.
And if you’re anything like me, you’ll be spending the evening dining on ramen noodles and eating a bag of heart-shaped chocolates with your other single friends.
But just because you don’t have a significant other, that doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of Valentine’s Day.
Here are some tips:
- Go for a Valentine’s Day trail ride. Getting away from all those hearts and roses will be good for you, and you get some quality time with your horse. (Who needs a boyfriend, anyway?)
- Clean the barn. Some hard work and sweat will take your mind off the day, and your barn will be better for it.
- Take some Valentine’s Day-themed photos. Pictures are always fun, and you can take some of your horse or any other barn animals!
- Make your horse some holiday treats! He has been working hard for you all year, so show him some love with homemade horse treats.
- Speaking of treats, make yourself something yummy while you’re in the kitchen, like this recipe for feed pan trail mix or something a little more serious like chocolate cake.
- Get together with your other single Quarter Horse-loving friends and have a horse-themed movie marathon, including “Black Beauty” and “Seabiscuit.”
- Make some Valentine’s Day cards and give them out to your neighbors or your close friends.
- Buy at least two bags of your favorite V-Day candy. You can give it out to your friends or save it all for yourself.
- Treat yourself to a V-Day spa. Buy some bubble bath soap and have a nice, relaxing bath. Maybe even light some candles.
- Go out to dinner with your friends and order something that you’ve never tried before. If you hate it, there are always bags of chocolate waiting for you at home.
Here are a few Valentine’s Day-themed American Quarter Horse names we found in the AQHA registry.
Cupids Ace of Hearts
Chocolates And Roses
Roses And Chocolates
Luv A Lot
Lips Of Sugar
Love Alota Gold
Be Mine Honey
Flowers And Lace
Date A Cowboy
Luv U More
Candy And Roses
Roses And Champagne
I’m off to raid the shelves of my nearest store for some chocolate, and I’ll try not to eat the whole bag before I get home. Happy Valentine’s Day!